BOOK A SCHOOL SHOW
Make any day CANADA DAY at your school
Bring a little Canadian patriotism to your school with a Michael Mitchell CANADA IS FOR KIDS show. This award-winning singer, songwriter and storyteller uses lively songs, and humorous stories, to demonstrate how our history, geography and even some ‘wacky facts’ identify us as Canadians.
Michael blends some of his all-time favourite songs like I’ve Got Canada in my Pocket and We’re all Looking for a Dinosaur (written for Sesame Street), with traditional favourites like Land of the Silver Birch and The Log Drivers’ Waltz to paint a colourful picture of what it means to be Canadian.
Michael has given more than 5,000 of his popular Canada Is For Kids concerts throughout the country, travelling to some of them in everything from float planes to dog sleds. He is the former co-host of the CTV children’s program Story Time, and has also written and recorded songs for Sesame Street and PBS.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE TEACHING KIT
Every school that books a show gets to download a comprehensive and valuable online Teaching Kit packed with tools to help you prepare for the show including:
- 25 x mp3 files of traditional and original Canadiana songs
- The Big Canadian Music Book with charts for the entire 40-song Canada Is • • For Kids music collection
- Reproducible, and online colouring books
- Reproducible lyric sheets
- Games and puzzles to test your student’s knowledge of our country
- Tips for staff to make this a really fun and valuable celebration of Canada
- And much, much more
BOOKINGS, SCHEDULES & SHOPPING
To Book a Show online, click School Show Booking Inquiry To find out when Michael is touring in your area, check out the Touring Schedule.
To download a school show brochure, click School Show Brochure.
To order Canada Is For Kids recordings, music books, or other items visit our store.
- Show running time – 60 minutes.
- Ideal grade suitability – 1 to 6 (but okay for K-8 too!).
- A FREE downloadable Teaching Kit is provided to each school.
- Preferred audience size – ideally less than 400, but it’s flexible.
- Larger schools might consider splitting the group into two shows.
- Touring dates – for the most up-to-date info, check Michael’s online Touring Schedule to find out when he will be in your area.
- Michael performs solo with guitar and programmed musical accompaniment.
- He also travels with his own sound system.
- Equipment set up time required: 45 minutes.
- Equipment tear down time required: 30 minutes
PRICES AND DISCOUNTS
- Prices in effect May 20, 2016
- Add applicable GST/HST
- All travel costs are INCLUDED
All provinces except BC:
- Lower Vancouver Island – $550
- Upper Vancouver Island – $600
- Vancouver and surrounding regions – $600
- Interior regions – $650
DISCOUNTS: You can save hundreds of dollars
- Book two shows in one day at your school – deduct $100 per show
- Small school? Schools with fewer than 200 students can get a $100 discount. Some conditions apply.
- If you get other schools to book during the same week as your show (a ‘block booking’), we’ll discount every show by $50 to $150 depending on how many schools YOU get to join the tour. Contact us for details.
Canada 150 Concert Grant: The CANADA 150 FUND might offset up to 75% of the cost of a show. For details visit https://www.magazinescanada.ca/uploads/File/Membership/Canada150FundGuideEN.pdf. Note that it can take up to 30 weeks to get funding approval, so consider making this application as early as possible. It might be best for your School District to do this on behalf of all participating schools.