"At a time when Canadians are trying to define their identity, Michael Mitchell is an excellent musical ambassador to proclaim the richness of our humanity, heritage, history and hopes as a strong nation"
BOOK A SCHOOL SHOW
Make any day CANADA DAY at your school
Michael Mitchell’s inspiring concert of songs and stories of Canada’s heritage is a fun and educational portrayal of many of the great things that define Canada as the best place in the world to live. Historic events, amazing places to visit, spectacular nature and—of course—terrific people, are just some of the wonders that are celebrated during this humorous and dynamic one-hour performance.
Michael blends some of his all-time favourite original songs like I’ve Got Canada in my Pocket (about the symbols on our coins) and We’re All Looking for a Dinosaur (written for Sesame Street) with traditional gems like The Log Drivers’ Waltz or Land of the Silver Birch to paint a colourful picture of what it means to be Canadian.
Michael has presented well over 5,000 of these rousing shows in schools throughout Canada. Not only has he written and recorded songs for Sesame Street and PBS, but is also the former co-host of the CTV children’s program Story Time.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE TEACHING KIT
Every school that books a show gets to download a comprehensive and valuable online Teaching Kit packed with tools to help you prepare for the show including:
- 25 x mp3 files of traditional and original Canadiana songs
- The Big Canadian Music Book with charts for the entire 40-song Canada Is • • For Kids music collection
- Reproducible, and online colouring books
- Reproducible lyric sheets
- Tips for staff to make this a really fun and valuable celebration of Canada
- And much, much more
BOOKINGS, SCHEDULES & SHOPPING
To Book a Show online, click School Show Booking Inquiry To find out when Michael is touring in your area, check out the Touring Schedule.
To download a school show brochure, click School Show Brochure.
To order Canada Is For Kids recordings, music books, or other items visit our store.
- Show running time – 60 minutes.
- Ideal grade suitability – 1 to 6 (but okay for K-8 too!).
- A FREE downloadable Teaching Kit is provided to each school.
- Preferred audience size – ideally less than 400, but it’s flexible.
- Larger schools might consider splitting the group into two shows (a discount applies).
- Touring dates – for the most up-to-date info, check Michael’s online Touring Schedule to find out when he will be in your area.
- Michael performs solo with guitar and programmed musical accompaniment.
- He also travels with his own sound system.
- Equipment set up time required: 45 minutes.
- Equipment tear down time required: 30 minutes
PRICES AND DISCOUNTS
- Prices in effect April 20, 2017
- Add applicable GST/HST
- All travel costs are INCLUDED
Price for a single show:
- All provinces except BC – $700
- BC Lower Vancouver Island – $550
- BC Upper Vancouver Island – $600
- BC Vancouver and surrounding regions – $600
- BC Interior regions – $650
Discounts: You can save hundreds of dollars
- Small School Discount – Any school with fewer than 200 students will receive a $100 discount off their show price (some conditions may apply).
- Double-Show Discount – Host two shows at your school and take $100 off the cost of EACH show (a $200 saving). This is ideal if you have a large school and want to hold two smaller performances, or if you want to have one show tailored for Primary students and another for Junior students.
- Block-Booking Discount – If YOU recruit two or more schools to host shows during the same week as yours we can negotiate discounts from $50 to $150 for ALL participating schools. This cannot be combined with schools that book independently of YOUR recruiting efforts.